Monday, June 14, 2010

A letter to my daughter...

13. Hard to believe how time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday you were this little mini 3 year old with long blond locks, big giant blue eyes, and cheeks that I could help but squeeze. The little angel, as our Miss Mary called you. Watching you grow has been my greatest joy. Watching you find your love of learning, and your love of animals has made me so proud. Nanny used to always used to tell people that I got my dads brains. I now realized much of that passed to you. Your accomplishments with the robotics team this year were just amazing, and on top of that, being the only girl on the team. In 3 years you have become such a talented violin player. Your love of the french language is very admirable... especially seeings how your mom took 3 years of spanish and can only say "donde el pantalones" and "hola, donde es el banyo". We will take that trip to France together - this I promise. On a fairly regular basis now I catch you getting mad at me for some of the same stuff I used to get mad at my mom for. Its very strange for me. I often find myself wanting to call my mom and say "I'm sorry"... because often times, I now get it. We're not always going to agree on things, but in the end, you'll realize that no matter what - I love you.

Thank you for always allowing me to be the communicator that I am, and understand how important it is to me, that we are open with one another. Now comes the time when we will have to start having some difficult, or sometimes embarrassing conversations. I just hope you always remember that, I've been there too. Being a teenager isn't always easy - but when you have good parents - in the long run you realize that even the hard parts were part of the plan, part of growing up, learning about who you are, and who you want to be.

Thanks for being you and for staying true to yourself. You are such a beautiful, smart, talented young lady, and I look forward to all the wonderful things you have ahead of you.

Love you Bone-esh ;)

Happy 13th Birthday!

Always,
Mom

No comments: