Monday, October 18, 2010

Time, and self work

It's a good indication as to how fast time flies, when I realize 4 months have gone by since my last post. It's a great time to reflect on that time. In the four months, my birthday girl has grown another inch it seems, is now wearing the same size shoe as me. In that four months I've done a whole ton of self work, self growth, as well as lots of growth within my family, my relationship. We have so many great gifts in our lives and often times we don't stop to appreciate those things. I'm making it a point to appreciate and give gratitude every day. The brilliant hearts, and beautiful faces in my life, I make sure to remind them every day how much they mean to me. I'm spending time learning about myself. Just when we think we knew it all, these perfect ah-ha's come up, and we realize how each day there is more to discover.

In all of this self discovery and growth, what I find interesting is it is being done with a silence that is foreign to me. I'm so used to surrounding myself with music in everything I do, and it seems all this growth has come with an absense of song. It's good though. It's given me a clarity of feelings, emotions, and just raw being that I haven't experienced before. Its like I'm allowing myself to write my own songs now... whereas in the past, I've had a tendency to put my world into songs of others. I'm excited to see what comes after this growth... will that be the burst of pent up creativity, of music, I've been feeling? I sure hope so. I can't wait to get back in touch with the music. Get back in touch with that connection that is so important to my being.

my heart is full. Listening to my ipod playist on here... its so me... its the soundtrack of my smile.

No comments: